Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The meeting

The meeting which I thought would be normal was not so!!!! Me basically new to the team was not sure of any major issues. It was a Friday and hopes were high of the forth coming weekend. The rampo started. Our team is a small one and from our side myself and my lead were there. The room as in a high tech s/w comapany was made full ac more than usual. My boss was there. So the total people from our side was three. oops .. very small one.
The other side where our issue was to be discussed was a huge one. But only one from the other side was present(one who can make up the rest)
So the fun started. My boss and the other side man(lets name him x) started arguing some point. The Mr. X was saying some invalid point again and again. I was in one corner watching the fun.
Suddenly my lead(call him y) got up. I also woke up from my temporary dreaming.
He took the marker and started making some points 1,2 in the white board. I was all time watching all fun. Then my boss was looking at his watch again and again. Mr x asked in a polite tone, "r u getting late". My boss said "yup, I have an appointment". Mr x said "oh, that's ok, but we will make it some day, but until u come we wont come to a conclusion". My boss said "that's ok, but you both (i.e Mr x and y) can discuss the issue for now. Saying this he left.
Then the major part of the story came in. Mr x and Mr y were discussing a point again and again and it was a heated argument.
And me sitting in one corner watching the fight of two educated men.
Mr x says " this is according to procedure"
Mr y says " I don't know this, you can better ask my boss, am not the suitable person to explain this"
The argument went on for another half hour and me jus turning my head from one to another to see who's argument was better. I was imagining myself as a judge listening to the argument of two lawyers but alas I did'nt have the autority to take this decision.
At last Mr x banged the desk and I understood the meeting has ended.
Finally the result was that there was no conclusion. Suddenly Mr y pointed to me and said, "you can ask even her, she ll too agree on my point". I was dumbstruck. I dint know the exactly what the matter was, and I understood very few terms. Then Mr x came as my rescuer saying,"she is just a beginner I don't want to put her in an uncomforable position."
So thus I was saved for the day. And the meeting did not have any fruitful result.

No comments: