Friday, December 23, 2011

The doll story -contd

Polly got up and was unable to believe her eyes. There stood a dazzling palace with a big fortress and red flags throughout the palace. It looked right out of her posters. She realized a hand placed over her shoulder. She turned and looked behind. The most beautiful lady with a flowing long dress in the lightest shade of green stood behind. Her cheeks were pinkish and she had golden hair and a small tiara over her head. She was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Polly thought that the lady was an angel. But aren't angels supposed to be dressed in white??
She had seen the angel pictures in books. Then Polly was confused.
"You look confused my child".
Polly heard a voice. So the lady was real.
"Am I not dead?"
"No Priscilla, you are not dead. We will not allow you die" the lady said.
"Priscilla?? We?? I am not Priscilla and I do not understand what you are talking about. I am supposedly dreaming. My grandpa will be back anytime. "
"Oh dear you are in a shock.Lets go to the palace and freshen you up.Then we shall talk."
"Oh please. Let me go back to my grandpa. He must be worrying about me."
"Do not worry Prescilla. Your grandpa will not worry. Trust me."
"But for God's sake, I am not Prescilla. Stop calling me by that name."
" Polly, if you like that name.But you were born with the name Prescilla."
"Birth name? I do not get what you are talking about. But who are you? Where am I?"
"To answer your questions. Yes, Prescilla is your birth name. I am the Lady of time. My name is Tensila. You are in the Strombton the kingdom of your father. "
" Kingdom of my father? Please tell me this is a joke. "
"It is not princess. You are Priscilla, the lady of hope and the unwinder of mysteries. In short you are the 'problem solver' ".
"Problem solver? But I have never been to a school."
"Knowledge does not come from places alone princess. Schools are in the time where you came from. In here there are tutors who can bring out the best in you."
"But why am I here? If I belong here why was I there with my grandpa? Grandpa always told me that my parents are with God. "
"You are here because you have responsibilities towards your kingdom. We have been waiting for a long time when you will pick the dolls and play with them. Your friend Julie was always there. So you ignored the dolls. I found a way to send Julie out to her aunt's house. Finally you picked the lady doll and told that she is your guide. So I am here with you and I am your guide."
Polly was shocked beyond words. Yes the lady truly resembles the doll she had in her hand before the house split into two. She remembered holding the doll in one hand while falling down. It must have dropped out of her hands when she fall. So the doll became the lady? This cannot be true. But today nothing seemed quite normal.
"Prescilla.. Sorry, Polly lets go to the palace. This time of the year the sorcerer does not come to the palace.Its quite safe as well. "
"But you haven't told me why I am here?"
"You are here because you need to tell us where your brother and sister are?"
"My brother and sister? And how will I tell where they are? This is completely ridiculous.


to be contd

2 comments:

Amruta said...

Superb... ! I guess you are in wrong profession :) Continue posting such gr8 stories...

Anu said...

Thanks Amruta :)